Friday, September 4, 2009

SMART PEOPLE vs. DUMB AND DUMBER

Reviewing two movies at once is hard, because you have to think about two movies, instead of just one. However, the movie Smart People was so dumb, and Dumb and Dumber was so funny, that I think this is worth the extra effort. Smart People is about these people who are not smart at all, except for the young girl, but she's not exactly brilliant, even though she's not dumb. It was as if they wanted us to think about how dumb people can be while reflecting on our own selves. That, in and of itself, is dumb, and made me realize just about nothing about myself. Dumb and Dumber, however, is not confused about anything, and therefore it is a smart movie. The guys are obviously idiots, and the movie is called Dumb and Dumber, so all of their stupid antics are not only appropriate, but well acted. When I walked out of Dumb and Dumber I was smiling and knew what was going on. When I walked out of Smart People I felt sad and was pretty confused about a lot of things. How dumb is that? -AF

No comments:

Post a Comment